A Practical Approach to Low Vision: In this session, participants will become familiar with a multidisciplinary approach to the field of low vision rehabilitation in children.
1. Identify children requiring vision rehabilitation services
2. Be acquainted with the tools to assess and enhance visual function in a pediatric low vision population
3. Identify appropriate educational assessments, and develop resources (i.e. medical, education, financial) to create a multidisciplinary pediatric low vision rehabilitation service
4. Provide parents with information to access the appropriate services for their child with low vision
5. Identifying the questions that need to be asked and the avenues that need to be explored when providing
access for the child with low vision